One of the many benefits of being able to speak English is that you can apply for jobs where English language proficiency is required. Business English language proficiency can also give you a competitive advantage when applying for professional jobs, especially when it comes to international companies.
When applying for jobs that require English proficiency it’s important to know that you need to be able to speak, write, read and converse in English without difficulties to be considered language proficient.
1. A good way to provide proof of your English language ability is to mention if you have taken any standardized English language exams like the TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS.
2. Another thing to remember is to do some research about the company before sending in your application. You can visit their website or talk to someone who has knowledge of the company. Try to include any relevant information you find in your cover letter.
3. Always include a resume and cover letter with your application. The cover letter should be a brief essay on who you are, why you would be a great fit for the position and how you can help the company perform better.
4. Your resume should be clear and to the point. Avoid sending in a resume that is neither to short nor to long. Always customize your resume specifically for the company and position you are applying to.
5. Avoid using English words that you are unfamiliar with as it increases the risk of making grammatical mistakes. Keep it simple and honest.
These are few of the things you should consider when applying for a job in English.